So last night I was at that point we all get to while dieting... The craving got me!
My weakness has always been flapjacks and usually I'd go with a SciMx chocolate & hazelnut, but last night alas I had none!
So what did I do... Well I whipped up some of my own, and WOW! Incredible!
So since I've never shared a recipe yet today is your lucky day, and I've decided to hook you all up!
140g (1 1/2 cups) of porridge oats
150g (generous 1/2cup) of CRUNCHY peanut butter
3 scoops of chocolate whey, I used SciMx whey plus RippedCore (1 cup)
125ml-ish of almond/skimmed milk
Sprinkling of cinnamon
Teaspoon of vanilla essence
(optional) Tablespoon of honey
1. whack the oats with the whey to a mixing bowl and give it a little mixing
2. Add the milk with the peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla
3. Get stuck in and mix with your hands!!! (You HAVE to do this)!
4. Throw the mixture into non stick tray and press down to about an inch thick (you can rub the bottom with coconut oil or use grease proof paper)
5. Drizzle with honey (this is optional, I didn't use any)
6. Stick in the fridge for 30 min (pre heating oven to 180 C / Gas mark 6)
7. Bake in oven for 6 minutes
8. Let it cool
9. Whilst in the pan, slice into bars with a knife (keep in the pan)
10. Put into fridge overnight to settle.(I left mine for about 2 hours though and it was good to go)!
Macros (whole mix)
This recipe can be easily changed and adapted to suit yourself... Add fruit, use different flavor protein, other nut butters, even spread the top with Nutella.....(cheat day of course)!
So get mixing and let me know what you think, and what variations you used!